Saturday 22 June 2013

Orly Nite Owl nail polish

I picked up this little freebie from ULTA using a voucher in Seventeen magazine. Originally there were several colours that you were able to choose from, but by the time I managed to get to the store they only had two colours left - both were more neutral shades which disappointed me a little as I prefer bolder polishes. However, a freebie is a freebie, and so I went with the Nite Owl shade.



On first appearance in the bottle, the colour looks like a mixture between a light brown and grey, with a hint of shimmer echoing throughout. This is only a small bottle, containing 5.3 ml (0.18 fl oz) of nail polish, but it would definitely last you for more than several applications.



Applying this nail polish is like a dream - it easily coats your nail in a few swipes, and the colour looks exactly as it does in the bottle. If you have longer nails like me, applying at least two coats is recommended as it is tricky to precisely cover one nail with a single dip in the bottle.


While the shimmer does help to hide any imperfections, I found that applying a light coat first can leave the tips of the nails looking a little streaky, even if you use more nail polish on subsequent coats.

Overall I give this 4.5 kisses out of 5 - nice colour and easy to apply, but can be difficult to hide any streaks from bottom coats.


No comments:

Post a Comment