Tuesday 25 June 2013

Born Lippy pink berry lip balm

Today, I went and picked up this free lip balm from The Body Shop using a voucher from VoucherCodes.co.uk (with an original retail price of £3). They had a selection of pink berry, toffee, and pomegranate to choose from, though it seemed like most of the ones that were still available were pink berry (I only saw one toffee lip balm that wasn't a tester).


As I began to remove the cellophane from the lip balm, the scent of it became apparent - fruity and sugary, just like berries. However, removing the lid and smelling the actual product hits you with a wave of strawberry bubblegum, which could become off-putting during the course of the day.

Now, since I constantly have dry, chapped lips, I tend to avoid lip balms as they tend to dry my lips out quicker than usual. At first I thought that it would add a tint to my lips as the product is pink, but it does in fact apply clear. I only used a very small amount on my lips, and the lip balm coated my lips evenly. For about five minutes after applying the lip balm, my lips did feel slightly sticky, but this then faded. I didn't feel like it dried my lips out, so I would definitely consider this product a success.

This freebie is available here - but be quick, it ends Sunday 30th June!

Overall I give this 4 kisses out of 5 - a typically good lip balm, though the scent is a little overpowering.


1 comment: